Pixalen Studio, in conjunction with Pacur, offers both pre-press and press-side assistance to Lenstar® customers. Pre-press assistance includes the final interlaced images and, if needed, plates for press. For press-side assistance, trained Pacur employees work with the printer’s press operator and equipment to establish successful lenticular print runs.
Lenticular Printing Outline....
This is a general outline of a UV printing press setup procedure. These steps can and will vary from press to press depending on the make and model of the printing press.
- 1. Equipment
- a. Review and analyze printing press
- b. Review and analyze Image setter
- c. Review and analyze proofing device
- d. Review and analyze plate stock
- 2. Press Side Consultation
- a. How to print a rez finder or pitch test
- b. How to read a rez finder or pitch test
- c. How to setup a press for lenticular printing
- d. Provide registration tools
- e. How to print lenticular
- 3. Finishing
- a. When should you add additional whites
- b. When you should use a laminate and what kind of laminate
- c. How to die cut
- d. How to mount to another substrate